There are a few advantages to working with a credit union instead of a bank. Our credit union Harlingen branch provides a safe and easy way to save money and borrow all in one easy place. Compared to Harlingen banks, our local federal credit union offers similar financial benefits, plus exception borrowing rates. Our local federal credit union:
- Has regulated loan rates.
- Is a not-for-profit institution.
- Insured up to 250 thousand dollars by NCUASIF.
- Is known for more favorable fees compared to other banks in Harlingen.
Read a little more about our benefits below.
Affordable Interest Rates
Unlike banks, credit unions like to offer plenty of services that benefit their members first and help them afford loans. Since we are a non-profit, our loans focus more on easier repayment terms and lower interest rates.
We offer to finance the following:
- Loyalty LoansPersonal Loans
- Consolidation Loans
- Recreational Vehicles
- Shared Secured Loans
- New and Used Auto Loans
We Stay Member Focused
Credit unions are mainly about servicing their members compared to Harlingen banks. To provide the best services to their customers, we provide the following:
- In-house loan approvals
- Access to a live call center
- Deposits credited up until 6:00 PM
- Overdraft protection for residents
- ATMs located at over 700 Stripes stores
If you choose to keep your money within an insured credit union, you may also benefit from various savings in Harlingen.
We Offer Better Accommodations
Because credit unions are democratic, member-owned cooperatives, every member, regardless of their account size, will enjoy the same benefits and have a voice in the organization’s governance.
Some of the benefits you can expect from a credit union include the following:
- Once a member, always a member policy
- Higher interest rates on basic savings accounts
- Interest-bearing checking accounts and CDs
- Bonus dividends, when available
- Lower interest rates on credit cards and loans than most banks
Easily Finance with our Harlingen Credit Union
Financing with our credit union Harlingen branch is simple. Apply online, provide some information, and soon enough, you’ll be provided with all the benefits available. Here’s how it works:
- You can easily apply for loans online.
- Wait for a loan officer to approve your application.
- The loan amount is based on current income and credit score.
“Why Valley Federal Credit Union – Harlingen Branch? Financing with our credit union Harlingen branch is simple. Credit unions are mainly about servicing their members. We focus on affordable rates compared to Harlingen banks, and applying is easy!”
Visit Us at Our Credit Union Harlingen Branch
Send us a message online, or call (956) 425-5668 to reach our Harlingen local federal credit union office.
*Rates are subject to change without notice
**Certain Restrictions Apply. For more information, visit our main office or our Harlingen branch.