The holidays are just around the corner and we know that some VFCU members could use an extra bit of cash for holiday presents, trips to see family members or maybe a vacation before the end of the year. Our Holiday-Skip-A-Payment service will let you do just that! As a VFCU member, all you have to do is download the form here and send it to us. It’s that easy!
We go out of our way to make your financial experience easier. Contact us today to learn what we can do for you!
We cherish our customers, and as a valued VFCU member, you’re entitled to skip a payment on your credit union loan this holiday season. If you have more than one loan, you can still skip a payment for each. Keep in mind that there is a $25 fee for each loan skipped.
Fill out the Holiday-Skip-A-Payment form and turn it into us at least TWO WEEKS before the due date. The eligible months are November and December of 2016. Here are the requirements:
- Loans must not be more than 10 days delinquent from due date.
- The member is still responsible for interest accrued as a result of the payment being skipped.
- The skipped payment will be rescheduled at the end of the loan listed above.
- This feature is not valid for single payment loans, workout loans or extensions in the last six months, balloon loans, real estate (lot loans) or home improvement loans and special loans.
- We may alter your selection if the payment for the period listed above has already been made. Payments already made, including payroll payments, will not be reversed.
- All other original loan terms and conditions as per your note and disclosure statement will still apply.
- VFCU reserves the right to not process your skipped payment if something has happened that we believe may substantially reduce your ability to repay what you owe.
- Any vehicle loans must have full coverage insurance.
- Courtesy pay must not be negative for 30 days or more.
What to do with Extra Holiday Cash
If you’re planning on using our Holiday-Skip-A-Payment option, you might have already made up your mind on what to spend it on. Just remember that setting a budget should still be a priority. We’ve provided a couple of tips to get those “holiday cash” ideas flowing:
- Write everyone’s name that you want to buy gifts for. Think about what that person likes and how much a reasonable amount for a gift would be.
- Don’t neglect the costs of gift tags, gift-wraps, gift bags, postage and shipping. Consider e-cards as a cost effective alternative to paper greeting cards.
- To save money, consider making your own holiday gift cards, bake affordable foods for friends and family or print a special photo for a loved one. You can save hundreds of dollars during the holidays just by being a little crafty!
Get Ready for the Holidays with VFCU
At VFCU, we understand that the holidays are a meaningful time spent with friends and family. We’ve always been about helping our community and members, so with our Holiday-Skip-A-Payment option, you’ll be able to have a comfier financial cushion this holiday for those close to you. Contact our credit union in Harlingen to learn more today!