Purchasing a boat, motorcycle, or RV doesn’t have to leave you stuck in debt. In fact, you can save money when you learn how to finance the smart way! Before purchasing a recreational vehicle, be prepared to research, compare shopping prices, and decide which financial route to take.
Our credit union in Brownsville wants to help you get that vehicle with as little hassle as possible, so check out the info below on how we can make that happen!
- Consider the type of recreational vehicle you want to purchase and how much maintenance it will need. This will help you choose a vehicle that costs the least in the future.
- Consider purchasing an older model so you can try to haggle the overall price with a salesperson.
- How much will you pay for fuel each month? Use a trusted source like the S. Department of Energy to calculate this number.
Choose Your Loans Wisely
- Our credit union offers 100% financing, but interest rates differ depending on the type of recreational vehicle you want to buy.
- Only our knowledgeable loan officers can determine which service is best for you. Look through our services online to learn what you qualify for.
Create a Savings Account
- Savings accounts help you set aside money for emergencies or unexpected costs. It’s smart to have a few thousand dollars in one for a rainy day.
- Creating a savings account with our credit union will keep you financially focused on your goals.
- Opening a savings account only requires a $25 fee and should be maintained with five hundred dollars to obtain VFCU’s disclosed annual percentage yield.
Speak to a VFCU Loan Officer
Before making any purchases, speak with one of our loan officers to find out if you are eligible for any of our banking services. Enjoy your new vehicle with the peace of mind in knowing that we have your best interests at heart.