If 2020 taught us anything, it’s the importance of investing for the future. Saving money can help you and your family by covering for unforeseen expenses or just having the assurance that funds are available to make any necessary purchases. Our credit union in Harlingen offers a variety of ways to save and increase your funds. Take a look at these services to secure your financial standing.
Start a Savings Account
One of the main advantages of opening a savings account is the amount of interest that helps it grow. The sooner you start investing, the more money you can get back. Many people miss out on potential earnings when they don’t put their money in a non-interest bank account.
With our Harlingen credit union:
- You only need a minimum of $25 to open a savings account.
- You must maintain a minimum of $500 each day to grow your investment.
- Your money is insured by the National Credit Union Association Insurance Fund.
Open a Money Market Account
Compared to a savings account, a money market account allows you to earn interest over a longer-term. It’s also useful for making big purchases like vehicles.
- You’ll need a minimum of $2,500 to open a money market account.
- If the amount falls below the required minimum daily balance during any time of the month, your account will be subject to a $20.00 fee for that month.
Invest in an IRA
An IRA (individual retirement account) allows you to save money and improve your retirement’s financial security. The sooner you start saving, the more your earnings can grow exponentially. This option is suitable for people who can only invest a small amount of money.