During the holidays, it is normal to get preoccupied in the fast-pace routine, and traveling with technology makes up for a lot of boredom, and life savers in emergency situations. However, during the holiday season you also need to be aware of how to protect your devices while you shop and travel. Take note of these tips and Harlingen Credit Union services to help keep you safe during your holiday travels.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Holiday Skip-a-Payment before it is too late.
- Keep your devices free of any malware.
- Use secure wifi and stay away from public wifi networks.
- Resist the urge and stay away from unheard websites.
- Monitor your accounts and check your finances for suspicious activity
- Pay wisely and use a credit card or Apple Pay instead of cash or debit.
- Lock down your login and create stronger passwords for all your accounts.
- Think before you click and pay attention to the emails you receive, don’t open emails from unknown senders.
Enjoy Mobile Banking on the Go
As a VFCU member you can enjoy shopping, traveling, and gift giving through our Mobile Banking App. Download today and become a member and gain access to:
- Apple Pay accessibility
- Mobile Banking Deposits
- Online Banking and Bill Payments
- Zelle – a nationwide money transfer program
Use Credit Cards During the Holidays
Credit Cards can be safe to use in store during the holidays, especially as you purchase large gifts. We provide three types of credit cards with comparable rates to other Harlingen banks. Applying for a credit card could not be more hassle free. Plus they require no annual or cash advance fees. Choose:
- Gold Card
- Classic Card
- Platinum Card
Afford the Holidays
Want a simple way to afford the holidays this year? Apply for the Signature Loan online. Enjoy low interest rates compared to other Harlingen Banks, plus:
- Up to 100% financing available.
- Less criteria to be applicable for signature loan.
- Possible lending rates up to 48-60 months with rates as low as 11-12% APR.
Contact our Harlingen Credit Union Today
Contact our Harlingen Credit Union branch for more information and see if you can become a member of VFCU. It’s important to keep yourself cyber secure during the holidays, so take advantage of our services now and shop and travel with peace of mind.