With major banks increasing loan rates and charging an arm and a leg for small services, it can sometimes feel as if your wallet is being constantly drained with no end in sight. Because of these reasons and many more, more and more consumers are flocking in droves to alternate financial institutions in the hopes of finding peace of mind in knowing that their money is in good hands.
Fortunately, credit unions are both a safe and more affordable option if you’re growing tired of dealing with a large banking institution. Credit unions typically offer better, more personalized member benefits in areas like loans and service fees.
Our Credit Union in Brownsville
Valley Federal Credit Union is one of the most trusted financial institutions in the Rio Grande Valley. We currently have three convenient locations in Brownsville, Harlingen, and Raymondville, meaning each branch is in close proximity to many of the region’s busiest areas.
You may be asking yourself what sets our credit union apart from larger banks in the Valley. Here is a list of just a few reasons why you should bank with us:
- Personalized assistance with each of our amazing services
- Checking and savings accounts
- Debit cards (VISA)
- Credit cards (MasterCard with fixed rates)
- Competitive rates
- A live call center for any questions
- In-house approvals for different types of loans
- Overdraft protection
- ATM locations at over 700 Stripes stores
- Deposits that are credited until 6:00 PM
We have many more services that we’re sure you’ll love. Credit unions are also:
- Not-for-profit financial cooperatives
- Owned by the members and the operations are democratically controlled by said members
- Focused on consumer loans and members’ savings
Feel free to reach out to us to learn more!
Credit unions cap the interest rates on their loans, and at our Brownsville credit union, it’s no different. Our loan rates are capped at 18%, and at larger banks, those rates are unregulated and can increase!
Here are just some of the ones we offer:
- Personal/signature loans
- Home equity loans
- New and used vehicle loans
- Motorcycle, boat, and RV loans
- Share secured loans
Become a Member Today!
If you like what you’ve heard, then we want you to join! Contact us to become a member of our credit union in Brownsville today and start saving with the many services we offer!