Have you started your holiday shopping? Now it’s easier than ever to make purchases online, at a store, with curbside delivery, etc. However, the costs of holiday expenses for festive meals, parties, and presents can add up. Our credit union in Brownsville wants to suggest a few ways to keep your finances low. We recommend applying for the holiday skip-a-payment service available for our VFCU members.
Apply for Holiday Skip-A-Payment
Our holiday skip-a-payment allows you to skip a payment on all of your VFCU loans. Submit this form at least two weeks before your due date. Skip-a-payment will enable you to pay your monthly bills, clear off debt and afford holiday purchases.
Terms and Condition
Certain restrictions do apply for the holiday skip-a-payment service. Here are a few you should know before submitting your request:
- Loans must not be more than ten days delinquent from the due date.
- Members are still responsible for interest accrued as a result of the payment being skipped.
- This service is not valid for single payment loans, workout loans for the last six months or extensions in the past six months, lot loans, and other special loans.
Follow These Online Shopping Tips
Another way to keep your expenses low is to maximize your online shopping. We highly recommend following these tips from the Federal Trade Commission.
- Compare online prices and take into account shipping costs.
- Read reviews and descriptions for all products you want to buy.
- Take note of the date, time, name of the website you shopped at.
- Pay by credit card and shop with websites that use ‘https:’ instead of ‘http:’
- Keep records of all your purchases, including online receipts and email confirmations.
- Double read return policies before making any purchase.
Follow Our Credit Union Online
Bank Brownsville by following our local federal credit union on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter if you want to learn more about saving money, our services, and other financial tips! Send us a message online or call (956) 546-3108 for any questions.
*Certain restrictions may apply.