Do you agree with the following statement?
“Saving money is for people with a large enough income.” If you do, you may not be utilizing all of the services at our credit union in Brownsville. While financial setbacks do occur, having no savings or staying in debt does not have to be your reality forever. Transform your financial future with these money-saving tips from our valley credit union in 2022.
Create Your Own Savings Rule
While budgets vary from family to family, it helps to pay yourself first. There are several savings rules you can follow:
- Avoid using a credit card on expenses under $20 to avoid unnecessary charges.
- Save 10% of your income each paycheck for an emergency fund or a savings account.
- Use the 50/20/30 rule to spend 50% of your earnings on monthly needs, 20% on paying debts, and 30% on your wants.
Invest Your Savings
While having a savings account is a good step, you can extend your financial success by investing your money.
Our credit union in Brownsville, TX, offers:
Consider a Personal Loan Brownsville
Borrowing a personal loan from our Brownsville credit union can be beneficial when used correctly. Use a personal loan for bigger-ticket purchases. Refrain from requesting more than you need, and pay more than required on your payback terms to lower your monthly costs.
Download Our Mobile App
Download our mobile app, and you can manage your money to the last cent. You can:
- Check your credit score
- Track incoming deposits
- Shop safely with Apple Pay
- Keep an eye on your transactions
- Upload check with our Mobile Check Deposit
- Earn points on every dollar you spend with the UChoose Rewards program
Bank Brownsville Today
Credit unions do so much more than offer personal loans. Our local federal credit union offer checking, savings, and STAR Checking accounts. Send us a message to your local credit union to learn more today.